2010 Leadership Project
Each Leadership group chose a community project to Graduate from the Leadership program. The 2010 group consisted of:
- Michael L Garrard
- Cassie Hill
- Mike Higgins
- Robert Quick
- Tasha Briggs
This Leadership group chose to build an ADA accessible 600′ walking path and a 33′ walk bridge for the new Crawford County Forest Preserve as their project. They decided upon these projects because they felt that it is very important to experience nature for both physical and mental health reasons. The leadership group had a fundraiser to pay for their project. Below are the donors. Thank you for all of your help! Donors include:
- $1000 level
- Quality Housing, LLC
- Gerald L and Myra Bilyew
- an Anonymous Private Donor
- AFSCME Local 3649
- $500 level
- Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC
- Fraternal Order of Eagles 3329
- Bradford Supply Company
- Robinson Kiwanis Club
- $250 level
- Crawford Memorial Hospital
- J. W. Collins Clearing and Excavating, INC
- Robinson Family Dental Clinic, Dr. Andrew Sowel
Misc. Level (less than $250.00) the Oblong Food Center, INC
IGA Tracy Weber Steven L and Rita Diel – Thank you!
2009 Crawford County Forest Preserve grant projects
Paid for by Open Space Lands Acquisition and Development (OSLAD):
- 1. Prefabricated bathroom
- 2. Pavilion
- 3. 600′ asphalt walk path.
- 4. Asphalt ADA portion of the parking lot
- 5. 16′ X 24′ aluminum fishing dock with 20′ gangplank
- 6. Waterline & septic tank for restrooms.
- 7. Electric entrance.
- 8. Additional 600′ asphalt walk path.
- 9. 15 picnic tables – made by Eagle Scout Andrew Scott
- 10. 5 Grills – made by Lincoln Trail College welding class.
- 11. Wooden walk bridge over the creek. Eagle Scout Zackary Hays.
- 12. Electric circuit, a fountain to run on Forest Preserve utilities. Water aeration